keskiviikko 10. marraskuuta 2010

Snow

Yesterday it was snowing, today it has been melting away. I went to a puppy class yesterday with Kumma. He was really keen to see his playmates, and his focus was not the best. On a puppy teeter he was hesitating at first, but then balanced quite nicely on it. We stayed only for 30min as I wasn't feeling too well. Today I've been in bed for the whole day, hope tomorrow is a better day.

On Sunday I went to an agility seminar. It was given by Janita Leinonen, and the topic was reading an agility course. I was surprised to notice how much new stuff there was for me. Like 90% of refusals happen after a tunnel or a chute. And all those handling techniques, I'm lost with those. Well, I have time to learn and decide which ones I want to use. One interesting point was that you shouldn't perform a back cross on a curved tunnel, so that you go to the back side of the tunnel. The reason is that a dog is automaticly turning to wrong direction when coming out and losing time. Why isn't it possible to teach a dog to turn to other direction, having back cross as a cue? I might try to find out with Kumma :)

Hoppu and Neeo do not appreciate snow and cold weather. I should buy them tickets to somewhere warm. They might like Florida, would there be full service retirement homes for doggies?

1 kommentti:

  1. En kyllä pidä ollenkaan mahdottomana, että koiralle opettaisi takaaleikkauksen putkella tarkoittavan "väärään" suuntaan kääntymistä ulos tultaessa. Kyllähän se olisi U-putkella selvästi hyppyä epäloogisempi koiralle, mutta miksei? Koiralle voi mielestäni opettaa vaikka mitä juttuja, aina ei tarvitse ohjaajan kikkailla omilla monimutkaisilla kuvioillaan!
    Kiva muuten tämä teidän bloginne, hauska lukea sitä englanniksi :)

    VastaaPoista