sunnuntai 26. syyskuuta 2010

Kumma 6 months

Kumma is 6 months today! Yesterday he run around the garden with Neeo. Nepsu hurt his front leg and was limping today. Hoppu was not too eager to go for a walk, so I decided to take Kumma alone. As usual, we started our route in the woods. It was so lovely to see how Kumma enjoyed running here and there, everywhere. Pure joy, puppy power. He is extremely interested in birds, wondering why he can't climb a tree. Whenever there is a good moment, I try to hide somewhere and let Kumma to find me. It's lots of fun! There has been more people in the woods than usually, looking for mushrooms. I've been pleased to see how well Kumma has reacted on recalls.

Nice leash walking is difficult to train when having all three doggies with me. Kumma is doing ok, but could do better as there is often a light pull. Today was a good opportunity to focus on this, and not to allow any pulling. I also reinforced heeling on left and right, as well as focus whenever there were distractions (cars, bicycles, other dogs and people).

Contact training: I've started to do stair work with Kumma. He is holding 2on2off position really well, and now also starting to offer this position. I need to think when to add a cue, and what it will be. I've used "pinta" with Hoppu and Neeo, but taking into account their not so consistent contact performance, I think I'll choose something else. Just to have a new positive beginning :)

Kumma's tugging has improved a lot lately. There was a weaker period, and I think it was due to teething, there must have been some pain or unconfortable feeling. When his tugging became stronger, he hit my hands a couple of times. This is something I really hate, so I reacted very strongly even for the smallest hits, and within a couple of days he started thinking and got it.

Hoppu is thinking he doesn't need to go outside anymore if it's below 20 degrees. He is ready to spend the wintertime under the blankets, concentrating on sleeping, food and cuddles. Let's see if he will be an old grumpy grandpa ;)

Agility and balance training can be done differently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJODYBLKs&feature=player_embedded

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti