sunnuntai 4. syyskuuta 2011

Neeo 12 years

Last week Neeo had his 12th birthday! We made the birthday walk in the dark. I was planning to take some birthday pics of Neeo, but haven't had a good moment yet. It should be sunny tomorrow, so I'll try to catch some.

Even if there is a feeling of autumn in the air, we have been lucky to have beautiful and warm days. Kumma likes cooler weather and runs around and around in the woods. Today I let Kumma and Neeo go off leash in a usual place, and a second later I realized a young man was coming from the opposite direction, partly hidden behind trees. Poor him got a shock when Kumma run full speed ahead, noticed him and barked a couple of times, then focused on other things. I apologized, and the man seemed to recover.

I'm still struggling what to do with Kumma's upside contacts. Too many options, and none of them has that bright light around telling this is it, that's how I'll do it. But despite of that, agility training is progressing nicely. We have had good training sessions in handling, jumping, and basic obstacle performance. More work is needed with special obstacles like long jump and wall jump. Kumma is jumping a tire really well, last session was done with final height, and it will now stay there. Table training has been easy, thanks to crate games. Teeter need lots of work. For a tunnel I will use two cues, one for going through and going forward, another one for going through and turning tightly. I'd like to start some discrimination training soon as well.

Kumma weaves now a full set of 12 poles. As I have only 6 poles at home, I should now work on entries, handling, and distractions in other places. Or to buy another set of 6...

We will have 3 days of agility classes in a row, and later next week Kumma will visit a physiotherapist. I have also booked x-ray for hips and elbows at the end of September, that will be the 1st anesthesia for Kumma.

Hoppu is doing fine, joining the walks whenever we take on leash routes, enjoying exercise and sniffing around. At home he is the one making sure their feeding time is not forgotten.

Big news at the end, Hoppu's granddaughter Kukka (Tarumetsän Pienet Jäljet) won European Chanpionship in sighthound racing!!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti