maanantai 3. toukokuuta 2010

Happy days

It is really strange not to have any agility classes or trials planned. "Only" daily walks and small fun training sessions every now and then. This week I will get our small selection of agility obstacles out of the shed, and start garden agility with my hurricanes. Children might join as well, high level distraction training for free!


Life is likely to change next week. Yesterday I made a special visit with Neeo and met a sixpack. Puppies were five weeks old, running and exploring the world. Neeo couldn't believe his eyes at first, here and there and everywhere those funny little ones. One of the boys should join our family next week, but it is still open which one it will be.



I should start practical preparations, like to think where he will sleep, travel in the car, and so on. Not to mention how to control clutter on the floor which might be dangerous for the puppy. Instead, I've been watching agility training DVDs. One of my new favourites is "Foundation training for agility" by Moe Strenfel. Wish I'd had it many years ago. It is amazing to think how little training material was available once I started with the hurricanes. On the other hand, that has forced me to think, try, and learn. Today so much training information is available, that it has to be a jungle for beginners in agility or any other dog sports. How to know which method to follow and how to do it in practise? Thanks to Hoppu and Neeo I know which is my way in this jungle.




Photos by our 5-year-old son, proud owner of real working camera.

1 kommentti: