lauantai 31. heinäkuuta 2010

Kumma 4 months

I haven't taken enough pictures of Kumma. On the other hand, better to use time for training than for shooting photos. Kumma weights now 10.8kg.

Here is what we have trained recently:
  • Sit, adding distance and duration
  • Down, adding distance and duration
  • Recall. Kumma has shown first signs that environment can be more interesting... Need to focus on this with high value rewards.
  • Grab the collar. Why didn't I do this with Hoppu and Neeo? Didn't cross my mind at that time... But I have been doing it now with the oldies as well. It's never too late :)
  • Crate games. Already now I'm happy I've put a lot of focus on this. Kumma loves to go to his crate. I had a funny problem recently. According to DVD advice I rewarded going in with high value cookie, and coming out with lower value cookie. End result: Kumma didn't want to come out of the crate :) Clever boy...
  • Hand target
  • Walking on leash. Yesterday children were driving their bicycles and I took Kumma along. It worked nicely!
  • Balance work. Some work done with disks and a board. Should do with some boxes as well. Our teeter is now fixed and we could start training with a low level teeter.
  • Tunnel. Mainly with small play tunnel at home.
  • Tire. Just going through without any height or cue.
  • Going to water with a small children's pool.
  • Side (line-up). Very first sessions behind.
  • Playing, playing, playing. I try to mix cookies and playing, switching from one to another a lot.
Some friends have asked me if it feels difficult to wait until Kumma is old enough to jump. Well, not really... We have plenty to do! It is not important for me to work on real full size agility obstacles, or to get my dog to jump high. I love each and every tiny training step, and figuring out how these steps are put together like a puzzle to get complete and complex behaviours.

Tomorrow some fun: we will meet Kumma's siblings and get some special training!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti